I-CASH (Internal Committee Against Sexual Harassment)
The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 is an act to provide protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace and for the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
As per "The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, an "Internal Complaints Committee" needs to be constituted along with laid down guidelines for redressal of complaint related to sexual harassment of Women at workplace.
Baburaoji Gjolap College , committed of creating a healthy, safe and secure work environment that enables employees to work without fear of prejudice, gender bias and sexual harassment. The Company strongly believes in a work culture wherein all the employees have the right to be treated with dignity, fairness and respect. Sexual harassment at the workplace or other than workplace if involving employees is a grave offence and is, therefore, punishable.
To create a healthy atmosphere in college campus for girls students and women staff.
- Sexual harassment at a workplace is considered violation of women's right to equality, life and liberty. It creates an insecure and hostile work environment, which discourages women's participation in work, thereby adversely affecting their social and economic empowerment and the goal of inclusive growth.
- With more and more women joining the workforce, both in organized and unorganized sectors, ensuring an enabling working environment for women through legislation is felt imperative by the Government. The proposed legislation contains provisions to protect every woman from any act of sexual harassment irrespective of whether such woman is employed or not.
This policy shall be applicable to all employees of the college engaged currently and will be employed in future including those on deputation, Contract, Temporary, Trainee, PartTime or Consultants .
The "sexual harassment" includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts or behavior (whether directly or by implication) namely:
- Physical contact and advances ; or
- a demand or request for sexual favours; or
- making sexually coloured remarks; or
- showing pornography; or
- other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature
- College conduct various programmes to create awareness in students as well as staff .
- Conduct Orientation program for students and staff
- College having counselling cell through which counselling should be done in certain situations.
- Frequently Beat Marshall team give visit to college.
- Some legal advisors are present in committee they guide the committee members how to run various programmes and committee.
- If any written compliant is registered towards committee. , Then the committee members and principal should take action on it.