Welcome To Economics Department
'Value Added Course"Jender Sensitivity"'
'Guest Lecture on ?Pre and Post Marital Counseling for all girls students "'
History of Department
- Department of Economics was established in academic year 1993-94.
- Post graduate department was started in academic year 2004-05.
- D. Research Centre was started from 2012- 13.
To upgrade the knowledge of students in theory of economics and its application.
- To provide knowledge of Indian economy to the students.
- To help the students understand macro economic policies, international trade and other aspects related to economics
- To help the students about theoretical knowledge of economics.
- To be aware of the changes in the global economy and Indian economy as well as state economy
- Department organized National Level Seminar topic on ?Indian Banking Sector: Issues and Challenges? Dated on 28th and 29th January, 2019.
- One Day Syllabus Restructuring Workshop for F.Y.B.Com and M.Com dated on 6th May, 2019.
- Participation in Intercalation Workshop dated on 14th Dec, 2019
- Value added Course ( Gender Sensitivity ) For F.Y.Com Students from 21st Dec,2019 to 18 Jan,2020 (15 Hours).
- Student?s Seminar On Budget-2020 dated on 8th Jan, 2020
- Prizes in Project Competition ( Science Exhibition and College Magazine )
- Field Visit at RBI Agricultural Training Center dated on 30th Jan, 2020
- M.A. (Economics), M.Com (Banking and Finance)
- A/V Room
- Departmental library
- Research Centre
22 Associate research guides
55 Research students are registered
11 Students completed Ph.D. degree
06 students submitted Ph.D. thesis
- Orientation Program for F.Y.B.Com and F.Y.B.A dated on ? 25th Jun,2019 and 8th Jul,2019
- International Population day- Guest Lecture delivered by Dr.Ganesh Dhumal dated on ? 11th Jul,2019
- Establishment of Economics Study Circle dated on ?16th Jul,2019
- Inauguration ?Arthwedh Wall Magazine? dated on ? 18th Jul,2019
- Library Visit dated on ?21th Aug, 2019
- Lecture and In house Interview regarding Bank Interview dated on ?19th Oct,2019
- Participation in Content Writing Workshop dated on ?11th and 12th Dec,2019
- Attending guest lecture regarding opportunities in administration services dated on ?14th Dec,2020
- Guest Lecture on ?Pre and Post Marital Counseling for all girls students dated on ?02th Jan,2020
- Google Class room training for staff and PG Students. dated on ?15th Jan,2020
- Guest Lecture on Sustainable Development delivered by Shri.Vinod Ranpise dated on ?17th Jan,2020
- Aptitude test and Lecture on Bank and financial sectors jobs with the help of BANKEDGE dated on ?23th Jan,2020
- Economics Department and Department of Lifelong Learning & Extension SPPU, Pune jointly organized One day student seminar on ?Union Budget: 2020 It?s various aspects? dated on -8th Feb ,2020