Welcome To Botany Department
'State Level Seminar on "Advances in Botanical Sciences"'
'Botanical Excursion at Kunkeshwar-Sindhudurg on 8 Feb2020'
History of Department
Department of Botany Established in the Academic Year 1989-90.
Aim & Objectives
- To enhance the skills, knowledge and to provide advanced laboratory facilities to understand the concepts in Botany.
- To organize the botanical excursions for live demonstration of biodiversity and to visit research institutes for interaction with scientists.
- To conserve RET plant species.
- To motivate and develop a scientific temperament among the students.
- To inculcate social and ethical principles.
- To popularize the subject among and to motivate faculty to participate in various activities related to society.
- Today?s Plant.
- Well qualified and experienced teaching staff.
- Consultancy- Plant Authentication.
- Well equipped, spacious laboratory.
- Botanical /Medicinal plants Garden.
- Environmental Science research center.
- Recognized three research guides in environmental science and Botany.
- Good results.
- Well maintained Museum Specimens.
- Short term certificate course in Basic Techniques In gardening.
- Faculty members are involved in Research and extension activities.
- Under nature club activity organized plant biodiversity survey at Village Dhumal Wadi, Mulshi on 14th July 2019.
- Organized guest lectures of Dr. Sangale Manisha and Mrs. Priyanka Patange to T.Y.B.Sc. Botany students.
- Organized Plant Biodiversity Register Workshop by Mr. Popatrao Bhalekar, DFO, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai to prepare ?Biodiversity register? on 27th 2020.
- Organized Training and Project Awareness programme-?MANAV? on 3rd 2020 for UG and PG students by IISER, Pune
- Carried out Biodiversity survey at Village Dongergaon under ?Unnant Bharat? on 7th 2019.
- Under nature club activity plastic cleaning drive was carried out in ?Sacred Grove? at village Hotale-Girivan on 7th 2019.
- Training given to T.Y.B.Sc. Students for Herbarium preparation on 5th 2019.
- Training given to T.Y.B.Sc. Students for isolation of microorganisms from soil on 5th 2019
- Botanical Excursion of T.Y.B.SC. botany students organized at Bhimashankar on 4th 2020
- Botanical Excursion of S.Y. & T.Y.B.SC. botany students organized at Kolhapur and Malvan-Sindhudurg from 7-9th 2020
- Botanical Excursion of F.Y.B.SC. botany students organized at Savitribai Phule Pune University on 25th 2020
- Students participated in ?Botanica? organized by Wadia College, Pune.
- Students participated in Poster Competition at Modern College Ganeshkind
- Students participated in Poster/ Model competition organized under DBT-STAR activity by Modern College Ganeshkind on 5th 2020
- Students participated in Quiz competition ?GINKGO? organized by Biodiversity department, Abasaheb Garware College, Pune on 18th 2020.
- Students are participated in Nature trail organized by Modern College, Ganeshkhind, Pune on
- Students are participated in Science exhibition organized on occasion of birthday of Hon. Sharadchandraji Pawar on 12th 2019.
- Students are participated in Swayamsiddha at Shardabai Pawar Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Shardanagar, Baramati from 26-29th Dec.2019
- Students are participated in one day training workshop on ?Essential oil and Aromatheraphy? organized by D.Y. Patil College, Akurdi on 21st 2020.