Welcome to Department of Physics
'Health Checkup Camp'
'Study Tour at Kerala'
History of Department
Department of Physics of Baburaoji Gholap College Sangvi, is established in the academic year 1989-1990. The B.Sc. (Physics) special program started in 1991. Post graduate program M.Sc. (Physics) commenced in 2006. Savitribai Phule Pune University Pune recognized research centre in Physics is established in 2014. Since its inception the department has grown in multidimensional modes. It has witnessed a tremendous infrastructural growth over the years. The student strength and performance was always at its best. Department is one of the favorite of many foreign students for a decade. Several of its Indian and foreign alumni are in contact with department for various reasons. Almost all the past students have been placed at good positions in the last decade. Post graduate Physics specialization in Medical Physics and Biomedical Instrumentation is the only program in the Savitribai Phule Pune University of its kind. It has given unique Identity to the Department. The department was headed by Dr S.D. Aghav upto 2016. He was succeeded by Dr Pandit Shelke and Dr. Sharmila Choudhari. Since 2017 Prof. Bharat Kangude is the head of the department. It is one of the most vibrant place in the college since its establishment. The faculties of the department stride their best from the beginning for the development of college in the academic and administrative aspects. All the faculties from the department play a vital role in the process of assessment and accreditation of college. Also several important committees in the college are being chaired by the faculties.
- To emphasize the role of Physics in human life.
- To impart knowledge and motivate students to understand Physics and its applications in day to day life.
- To inculcate research abilities and awareness in postgraduate students.
- Periodic organization of health checkup camps for students and staff members of the college.
- Every year the department undertakes the village energy survey under NSS activity.
- Students are encouraged to participate in national and international seminar/ workshops/ conferences.
- Recommendations to UG and PG students for internship and projects in other national and international research centers.
- CBCS pattern for first year B.Sc. and post graduate program.
- DBT-STAR activities are being conducted for undergraduate students.
- Only post graduate center in SPPU having Medical Physics and Biomedical Instrumentation as specialization.
- Savitribai Phule Pune University recognized Research centrein Physics with material science as a specialization.
- ICT based teaching and learning practices are being implemented in UG and PG programs.
WhatsApp group for all classes of UG and PG for sharing of information and effective
- Every year the department conducts a short term course in photography for the interested students.
- Organization of lecture series in the advanced areas of Physics by expert teachers.
- Organization of study tours to the national and international institutions industries and scientific exhibitions for experiential learning.
- Department has recognized National Graduate Physics Examination centre. In the current academic year 33 students from 3 colleges appeared for NGPE 2020
Expert lecture on Biomedical Instrumentation by Dr. S.D. Aghav
Interaction with Dr. S.C. Sharma, Director, NAAC in Pune
IAPT Maharashtra RC ? 08 meeting held in college
NGPE -2020 examination conducted in Department of Physics
Health Check Up camp organized at Department of Physics
M.Sc. Physics visited medical equipment exhibition at S.P. College, Pune
Participation in MANAV program conducted by IISER, Pune
Visit of 12th Science Students to SIF on the occasion of Celebration of Birthday of Hon Sharadchandraji Pawar Saheb
Study Tour to the National Center for Earth Science and Studies, Kerala